January 27, 2013

2012 to 2013


2012 Resolutions

Be humble.
Be humble, pride never prospers.
Be eager.
Be eager to serve.  Don’t hesitate.
Be observant.
Be observant of others, their needs, wants, desires.
Be outward.
Be outward focused.  Be focused on God and others.
Be diligent.
Be diligent, work hard and learn much.
Be patient.
Be patient and bear with others as God has done with me.
Be there.
Be there when others need me.
Be particular.
Be particular with how I spend my time.
Be joy.
Be joy, humor and laughter.  These are gifts!
Be peace.
Be peace in my home, church and life.
Be calm.
Be calm and controlled, like Jesus.
Be love.
Be love as I want love.
Be quiet.
Be quiet and attentive so His voice can be heard.
Be studious.
Be studious and learn all I can in many things.
Be loud.
Be loud in my praise to God, my Father.
Be unashamed.
Be unashamed of the Gospel.  It is the power of God!
Be true.
Be true to my word, in all things.
Be honorable.
Be honorable so as to reflect Christ.
Be faithful.
Be faithful to my God only.
Be surrender.
Be surrendered fully to what the Lord has planned for me.
Be careful.
Be careful with my speech.  Only wholesome things so as to lift others up.
Be patient.
Be patient and trusting in His perfect timing.
Be still.
Be still my restless heart and wait. Wait patiently, He has a plan for you.

I was thinking only yesterday about my Resolutions for 2012.  How did I do?  Did I grow any?  What will I make my resolutions for this year?

I dug through my old notebooks (you'd be very surprised how may I go through in 1 year!) and I found the one the held my 2012 Resolutions.  Without having looked at them in a year, I was very excited to see them again.  I cried as I read through them.  It was amazing to see in January 2012 what the Lord was laying on my heart..... so many things that he was beginning to prepare me for... and I knew nothing about it.

Talk about sovereignty.

2012 was filled with what I want to look back on and call "growing pains".

So much happened!

Summer school, graduation, full-time college, new friends, moving announcement, desires and dreams. I am so encouraged by the Lord's faithfulness!  It gives me renewed hope for 2013 and the years to come.

I've spent almost all of January preparing my 2013 Goals and Resolutions.  They are very similar to the ones last year, but I feel after a year of "curing" in my brain they've maybe matured a little bit :)

Without further ado......



Have a beautiful rest of the weekend!